ALMA Administrative Assistant:
ALMA – Apprenticeships for Leaders in Mosaic Arts is seeking a bookkeeper/administrative assistant. This position may be combined to fit in with ALMA’s organizational structure of co-direction (which includes an Operations Director and an Outreach Director) and could potentially fill the position of Administrative Director if the applicant’s skills are fitting. In this scenario, pay and hours would be negotiable.
ALMA supports and nurtures artists of all ages in creating artworks of exceptional quality while building entrepreneurial skills. Our paid mosaic arts apprenticeship model develops leaders through a diverse and inclusive program. We are a super creative and supportive workplace. We have created numerous handmade tile mosaic projects and tile/painted murals around Albuquerque, including the Convention Center and New Mexico. We are looking for a long-term addition to our staff. Our organizational structure includes an administrative person in our model who is central to the organization, along with apprentices, lead artists, and our Board of Directors. We will do our utmost best to provide a workplace that is meaningful, valuable, and fun. See almatile.org for more info about our organization.
Main areas of Responsibility:
Coordinating with our accountant, managing bookkeeping and QuickBooks, running payroll, paying bills, making sure tax forms get signed and filed, sending donation thank you letters, coordinating with insurance companies, filing paid bills and other documents, and filing an annual report with the State Attorney General’s Office, tracking and reporting expenses for grants, coordinating with Co-Directors for 990 filings and invoicing, and providing financial reports.
Additional areas of Responsibility:
Provide support to ALMA staff including the Operations Director and Outreach Director, and support event planning and events as needed.
– This position requires you to be a self-starter; dependable;
– Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Google programs, and QuickBooks Online; have good communication skills; be able to work efficiently, and have excellent time management skills.
– Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree (preferred), 3+ years experience with nonprofits, experience with grant management, and reporting.
– Position would start off as a contract position and could evolve into an employee position.
– Grant writing experience would be a plus, and pay for grant writing would be negotiable.
– Looking to start training and transitioning in June, with full transition starting July 1st, 2022.
How to apply:
Email cover letter, resume, and any questions to ALMA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line please put “Admin Position”.
No phone calls, please.
Pay Rate: $30/hour Deadline for applying- By midnight, Sunday, June 13th